Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sokolo Bound

So my site assignment is to the village of Sokolo in the Segou region of central Mali. The area is characterized by an intensive canal system and a lot of rice farming. I'm replacing a current volunteer there, who worked to start a egg project with a local women's group. I don't really know much more about it. We go to site visit August 7th and stay for a week so I will know a lot more soon. I didn't get pictures up mainly because I couldn't figure it out. We come back to Tubaniso in a week so hopefully I can get some one to help me then. I return to Tamala today to continue our language and tech classes. Best wishes to everyone.

2 comments:

makadaka said...

Daniel! Thanks for keeping us posted. We think of you often and are delighted to hear things are going well. Good luck in Sokolu!

Mike Dayton said...

Big D: Not much info on the village. I'll keep checking.

Pops